Sunday, January 4, 2015

31 Day Challenge - Day 4

Day 4 on the 31 day Challenge and all is going well.  Today I made a new item, sugar and creamer set.  I wanted to try an idea for a slab built set.  I like the basic idea but I need to widen and shorten the sugar jar   With the knob it's taller than the creamer and my husband pointed out the a spoon won't fit after it shrinks. (oops... unless you pour the sugar?)  See the following photos as I made the set.  See Facebook for daily updates.

The last few days I have been making items for an order including: platters and sponge holders.  The order is finished being made but I will be working on other items to fill the kiln.  I have an idea for a new vase that I am excited to try and I need egg separators for the local gift shops.
I will be teaching 4 classes at Ciel Gallery in March.  The first class will be a starter class making mugs.  The next three classes will make salt and pepper shakers, vases and teapots.  Check out the details HERE

My husband finally got the kiln electronics put back together after the move into it's new location.  Now I just need to call the electrician to get it hooked up.











No comments: