Monday, April 16, 2012

Dragonfly glaze load

This weekend I unloaded the kiln and here are a few items from that glaze load.  The sugar and creamer set was inspired by the example shown at the Potters Conference by Jake Johnson.  Remember, you can see more photos on the New Day Pottery Facebook page

Yesterday I threw a number of items that are really needed and I will continue for a few more days.  Then I will do a few more glaze loads to get ready for the Sanford Pottery Festival on May 5th & 6th.  I also have the Claymatters Pottery Festival the following Saturday, so I need to get stocked up. 

I am glazing a little early for these shows so that I can get some good photos.  Once I have the last load done, I will put up the graduated background and take shots of the best pieces.  The photos I have been taking lately are just samples of my work but I am not worrying about the lighting so much.  The background I have been using works well for Etsy, but not so much for applying for future shows.

Friday I was featured on the Top Treasury Team's Blog.  See here for info you may not know about me.

No comments: