Friday, November 11, 2011

Finished Glazing


This is it.  I have finally finished glazing.  For this week anyway.  These three tall vases were the last to come out. I usually make at least 3 at a time to fill half the kiln so that I don't have wasted space. The other half I stack to the top with smaller pieces.  This is the first time that I felt all three pieces glazed the way I wanted.  Usually either glaze runs and sticks a pot to the shelf or the glaze isn't even or the right color.

Tomorrow I head to Shelby for the Carolina Pottery Festival.  This is usually a great show with lots of great customers. My husband will help setup and stay to help until 2, then he will drive up to Kings Mountain to drop off 2 boxes of pottery for the "Art for Christmas" show at the Depot.  This show lasts thru December and will feature great art that makes great gifts.

Tonight is the reception for the Mint Hill Arts "Small Treasures" show from 7-9.  This show also features art items that are great gifts.  I have entered 7 items and hope to go to the reception.  I am looking for some wall art for my house so perhaps I will find that special piece.

No comments: