Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Double Rim Bowl


Yesterday I set out to make medium bowls.  I wanted to do a number with a double rim but I tend to make thin rims from the get go and can't split the rim.  So, needless to say I only had one with the double rim and scallops.  I really like this look, so maybe later this week I will try again.  This past week I have just been working on filling basic stock items.  I made mugs one day and I think that perhaps they are too big.  I couldn't remember what amount of clay I used the last time.

Tomorrow I work my one day a month at Rubys Gift.  I haven't been in there in a while and I am told that the whole store was revamped and I am excited to see how it looks.  Some of my mugs will be added to the inventory then.

This Saturday I will have a booth at the Piedmont Pottery Festival, at the Museum of York County.  I look forward to the start of my busy season. It is hard to decide what to make when you haven't had a show for awhile.

No comments: