Friday, July 15, 2011

Loading the kiln

Here is a photo of the top shelf of a loaded kiln.  Today I glazed some pots in a new design that I am playing around with.  The bowl on the left is one of the experiments.  I used a stencil and multiple colors.  They should be out of the kiln tomorrow afternoon.  My week has been busy.  Sunday I taught a blog class for 6 guild members. I look forward to seeing their finished blogs. Wednesday I went to a meeting for advertising of our guilds pottery festival.  We made some progress towards making this fall sale the best it's ever been.  Thursday two neighbor kid's came over to glaze a few pieces they made the week before.  Those pieces are in this kiln load and I can't wait to see how they turned out.  Sunday I go to a workshop where Sam Chung is presenting his work.  Then next week it's back to throwing again.

No comments: