Sunday, January 16, 2011

Jar by Lib Moss

Last night I went to the Claymatters Guild Holiday Party. This year I am the President of the guild and I had to keep the meeting and gift giving moving along. I am very self concious when I am in front of a group of people but everyone is in the group is very gracious, probably because most have been on the board at one time or another.  I had a great time though and came home with this fun piece made by Lib Moss.  One of my goals this year is to not be so rigid with my work and this piece is the sort of thing I need to try.

This morning I put handles on my batter bowls from yesterday and threw some chip & dips and garlic keepers.  I will probably finish & assemble these tomorrow morning.

I need to take a trip to the supply house soon.  I find that I do not have enough bats to keep me busy more than a few hours.  This was fine in the Fall when I was throwing in the morning and glazing in the afternoon, but in slower months I throw for weeks or months between glaze loads.  There are some other items needed to do more handbuilding, which I hope to do more of once I finish the order for the Seaworthy Gallery that I am working on now.

No comments: