Saturday, July 11, 2009

Of Earth & Beauty Exhibition

Last night was the Of Earth and Beauty Exhibition at the Mint Hill Arts Center. I had entered 5 pieces in the clay portion of the exhibition. The paintings were all done by Virginia Dauth. There was a raffle for two small paintings of hers, with the money raised going to a new air conditioning unit. The painting I am holding up is the one I won. It was called Wildflowers. I was so excited. It was nice visiting with other local potters, most of whom I know through Carolina Claymatters Guild. The Mint Hill Arts Center had a very nice Gallery, so if you every need a gift for someone special consider checking it out. There are monthly exhibitions, as well as a lovely gift shop. I noticed that one of five bowls placed in the gift shop had already been sold, so I plan on bringing in more pieces periodically. If you would like to be included on my mailing list of events, please email me at jabdelaziz@carolina.rr.com.

No comments: