Thursday, May 14, 2009

Unloaded Kiln Today

I unloaded my kiln today and felt pretty good about it. The Seafoam Green glazed pieces in the upper half are for the Greensboro Historical Museum Gift Shop (my first time selling pieces outside of shows) I am pretty excited about it. The two urns on the far right were tests for the new Ash glazes. Didn't come out like I expected but I will keep experimenting.

I filled my kiln right back up with some more pieces today. I am testing a new red and a green in this batch. Most of the other pieces are for a commissioned wedding gift. I will post a photo of the whole set when I am finished.

Got another call today about my teapot on display at the Charlotte Douglas Airport. Reminds me that I need to make more teapots. Maybe tomorrow?

*Click on the photo to see pieces in better detail*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful work. Looking forward to seeing more. Very interested in your work.